MudCatThe "MudCat" pickup set is specialized on running the "more output" - job without serving to much mids.
The heighs-characteristics of the bridge pickup is at its optimum, still beeing twangy but not "ice-picking" harsh.
The neck pickup sounds clear and warm in all aspects, ideally finds its job in creamy Blues-Solos.
This set is my personal favorite, overall a very dynamic allround PU-set with the little kick more output.
- Alnico-V magnets, single pole-pieces, non-staggerd, south on top on bridge pickup and north on top of neck pickup
- clockwise wound on neck PU, reverse wound on bridge PU, humbucking in combination
- 9,3 kOhm* DC-Resistance Bridge-PU, L=5,2H*
- 8,2 kOhm* DC-Resistance Neck-PU, L=3,2H*
- original AWG42 medium-built / AWG43 (neck) wire used
- like the old orginals, the pickups a thoroughly potted in a wax-mixture to reduce/eliminate feedback and microfonic effects
- bobbins are made from black vulcanized fibre, an absolut vintage attribute,lots of handwork
- wires made of low-capacitance material, 300 mm
- mounting is 100% Fender Tele-compatible, fitting screws are delivered
- Neck PU is equipped with a German-Silver cover - for that reason the treble-loss is reduced to a minimum
- Bridge PU is equipped with a copper-plated baseplate made of mild steel - just like the originals. Only the "correct" baseplate is the miracle about the Tele-Twang, these ones are imported from a small specialist in the USA.
- The winding pattern is „scatterwound“ which means hand-guided during the winding process like the old PU´s from the 50´s / 60´s.
Please email me for special SC applications (overwound, underwound, reversed).