59-Bucker ClassicThese pickups are carefully handmade in my manufacture based in the south of Germany. The 59-Bucker series claims to carry on the design- and sound-standards of those legendary humbucker pickups from the mid 50´s.
The Classic model is a uncompromising PAF-replica with Alnico-2 powering, uneven scatter winding, not wax potted to get a maximized musicality.
59-Bucker pickups are closely oriented to the design and construction of the early PAF humbucker. They are made from selected parts and “vintage correct” materials imported from selected US suppliers.
The 59-Bucker pickup-family will certainly offer a suitable model for every humbucker-fan. High-Gain workers might have also a look at the Zone-series humbucker. Optionally the pickups can be supplied with a high-quality covers made of thin nickel-silver (chrome finish) from German supplier Schaller.
Photo shows 59-Bucker with optional Nickel-Silver cover.
Classic 1:1 PAF-replica, very clear, lots of highs, not too much weight in the middle-frequencies, tight bass foundation – best musicality, very direct response. Can sound Tele-like but never too harsh due to moderate Alnico-2 powering, a pickup for the connossieur. The intentional missing wax-potting** leads too a very open and unattenuated musicality. My private hint: this pickup needs at least 4,5 Kg of solid mahogani to discover its secrets.
* Hint: missing wax-potting can partially lead to feedback problems, especially with cover in high-gain and distortion modes
- Bridge 8,5KOhm* DC- resistance, inductivity 5,2H*
- Neck 7,8 KOhm* DC- resistance, inductivity 4,3H*
- not wax potted like the originals from 57
- Alnico-2 magnet like the early originals, not polished – raw surface
- other specs. as GrowlDogs