Red HouseLike their ancestors of the 60´s, the RedHouse pickups represent a part of what the Stratocasters got so famous about. They are specialized to deliver a bit more output than usual stock-PU´s do (e.g. more than American-Series Strats stock PU´s). Greetings from SRV and Jimi. The winding tension, mag-wire diameter, flat-dimensions and most of the other details are completely compatible to the old Fender Strat-PU´s.
The sound is really convincing: very defined and enough character to show its roots even in overdriven and heavy sound environment.
Thanks to customers who checked in some comments and opinions about my pickup sets on Harmony-Central:
Reviews on Harmony-Central
My personal favorite in this series. A pound in the neck position, wholehearted and powerfull appearance in all positions with enough definition and character on the road. Classic Stratsound in the most fattest flavor without being to middle-frequency oriented related to scatter handwound patterns applied.
Output range is growing into High-Output.
- Alnico-V rodmagnets, non staggerd, south on top on neck and bridge pickup (= industry standard),
north on top of middle pickup (reverse polarity to get hum-cancel in the in-between positions)
- Calibrated for the different positions and the in-between positions of the PU-switch
- 6,8 kOhm* DC-Resistance Neck-PU, L=3,0H*
- 6,5 kOhm* DC-Resistance Middle-PU, L=2,7H* (reverse wound, counterclockwise like Fender standard)
- 7,3 kOhm* DC-Resistance Bridge-PU, L=3,4*
- "overwound" for real hot sound that let your preamp-tubes glow (as far as SC can do that :-)
- AWG42 medium-build mag.-wire
- like the old orginals, the pickups a thoroughly potted in a wax-mixture to reduce/eliminate
feedback and microfonic effects
- bobbins are made from black vulcanized fibre, an absolut vintage attribute, lots of handwork
- wires made of low-capacitance material, 250 mm
- mounting dimensions like Fender-Stratocaster single-coils, PU´s mounting drill hole distance:
77,1 mm, 100 % compatible
- all standard Strat pickup-covers will fit - 100 % compatible
- the winding pattern is "scatterwound" which means hand-guided during the winding process
like the old PU´s from the 50´s / 60´s.