60's StandardThe "60´s Standard" pickup set is specialized for the "vintage sound" demands. It is equipped with all the qualities that are need to successfully recreate this guitar-type that started more then 50 years ago. This PU set is the favorite of my Tele PU tester Hannes Steinbrecher. Hannes is a experienced, and in my eyes excellent and very engaged Tele player. He did run thru very many PU-sets from various manufacturers over the years and therefore can really compare.
The winding-counts and calibrations conform to the ones from the 60´s. The pickups are tuned to present cristal-clear Tele sounds - very twangy tunes to run Country music but also usable for Rock- and Blues-jobs with very defined guitar character.
Especially the mid-position between the two PU´s has been anounced by Hannes to be "outstanding".
After finishing his tests, he did not want to send back the 60´s prototypes - we found an agreement.
Comparing to "MudCat": more highs, less mid range, less output, more vintage sounding.
Both sets present a vintage-correct baseplate mounted on the bridge pickup and a German-Silver cover on the neckpickup.
Thanks to customers who checked in some comments/opinions about my pickup sets at Harmony-Central:
Reviews Harmony Central
- Alnico-V magnets, single pole-pieces, non staggerd, south on top on bridge pickup and north on top of neck pickup
- clockwise wound on neck PU, reverse wound on bridge PU, humbucking in combination
- 7,1 kOhm* DC-Resistance Bridge-PU, L=3,2H*
- 7,2 kOhm* DC-Resistance Neck-PU, L=2,4H*
- original AWG42 medium-built / AWG43 (neck) wire used
- like the old orginals, the pickups a thoroughly potted in a wax-mixture to reduce/eliminate feedback and microfonic effects
- bobbins are made from black vulcanized fibre, an absolut vintage attribute,lots of handwork
- wires made of low-capacitance material, 300 mm
- mounting is 100% Fender Tele-compatible, fitting screws are delivered
- Neck PU is equipped with a German-Silver cover - for that reason the heighs-loss is reduced to a minimum
- Bridge PU is equipped with a copper-plated baseplate made of mild steel - just like the originals. Only the "correct" baseplate is the miracle about the Tele-Twang, these ones are imported from a small specialist in the USA.
- The winding pattern is „scatterwound“ which means hand-guided during the winding process like the old PU´s from the 50´s / 60´s.
Please email me for special SC applications (overwound, underwound, reversed).