59-Bucker GrowlDogsThese pickups are carefully handmade in my manufacture based in the south of Germany. The 59-Bucker series claims to carry on the design- and sound-standards of those legendary humbucker pickups from the mid 50´s.
The Classic model is a uncompromising PAF-replica with Alnico-2 powering, uneven scatter winding, not wax potted to get a maximized musicality.
59-Bucker pickups are closely oriented to the design and construction of the early PAF humbucker. They are made from selected parts and “vintage correct” materials imported from selected US suppliers.
The 59-Bucker pickup-family will certainly offer a suitable model for every humbucker-fan. High-Gain workers might have also a look at the Zone-series humbucker. Optionally the pickups can be supplied with a high-quality covers made of thin nickel-silver (chrome finish) from German supplier Schaller.
The beloved Humbucker-growl can be heard with this set in overdrive and distortion setups. All possibilities for screaming and singing solos are waiting to be discovered. GrowlDogs always show definition and character up to the high-gain areas – they hardly get muddy. Powerfull greetings arise from the clean-area, without sacrifying to much highs for the delivered power. In my opinion: this a real allrounder set with powerfull character and enough bite.
- Classic 1-15/16" (49,3mm) pole-piece spacing, no F-spacing
- Bridge 9,2 KOhm* DC-resistance, inductivity 6,0H*
- Neck 8,5 KOhm* DC- resistance, inductivity 5,3H*
- Alnico-5 Magnet, not polished – raw surface
- Pole-slugs and pole-screws made of mild-steel with nickel finish
- Vintage correct baseplate (nickel-silver), black bobbins
- Vintage correct "braided shield" cloth-pushback wires 2-poles, no split
- Medium build AWG42 magnet-wire, handwound – scatter-wound
- Winding-directions and magnet-polarity like the originals
- Uneven wound like their grandfathers to get that bit more highs and clarity
- Winding protection with original black wax-paper and duct-tape
- Potted in special bees-wax mixture to reduce feedback-resonance to a minimum
- Mounting sizes as original PAF´s, no F-spacing